Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Nothing much to say

There really isn't much for me to talk about.  

Went to a tasting last night, Chefs On Tour.  Had some nice wines, wonderful food and conversation.  Ventured a little bit through LIC - perhaps I'll stop back to take a look around.  Seemed like some nice little cafes on the corner.

Today, took Gus for a walk - weather was surprisingly warm.  I've made the decision not to wear socks with my slip on shoes.  That is my small defiance for the day.

As for food, I'm thinking about making stuffed sardines this weekend.  Maria's mother was explaining to me last night how to prepare them.  Cut off their heads, de-bone down the belly, leave the tails on.  After seasoning your bread crumbs, stuff the bellies, lay them stuffing up in the baking dish separated by bay leaves. Bake til the crumbs are crispy.  Serve with some steamed veggies and lemon.

Sounds fabulous to me!

My secret for the day:  I do not want to go home.  My hair is curly, the air is charming, and I would secretly love to go from market to market and buy fresh produce and fish and meats.  I cannot wait for the spring!

No comments: