Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Numanthia Termes: Poetry in my mouth

I have to take a moment from cameras and crews, budgets and planning;
From emails and phone calls and hallways and shouting.
I must have this moment to remember Numanthia Termes,
The wine of resistance, el vino de resistencia.

Enough with trying to rhyme, my (de)cantor is off - I just can't stop thinking about the velvet-like wine touching my lips. The deep garnet liquid with a distinct and unique aroma. Anticipation rushed through me as I swirled the glass in a steady motion on the table. I'm really about to drink this!, I enthusiastically thought to myself.

Magic.

If you have a chance, splurge and try a bottle of Numanthia Termes: Numanthia (2005?). The history behind the grape is equally intriguing as the wine itself.

*Note: The only excerpt I could find regarding the vine is only half of the story - I'll add to it a little later.

Salute!

No comments: