Thursday, September 10, 2009

Let Beauty Carry You


For some reason or another I've been waking up very sad. I get out of bed, stretch and by the time my shower is over and I'm just about ready to leave, I finally feel better. It's like I almost have to pick myself up and give myself a serious pep-talk about why today will be a good day.

Today, was no different.

Except before I get into the shower, I notice the sky. Bright pink, deep purple and light blue all dancing together in the distant east. Just the brief sight of them quickly lighten my mood as I say a quick prayer of thanks, forcing a not-so-hard-to-force smile over my face.

While this post doesn't have much to do with food or the media, it does have to do with finding sheer joy in simplicity. I'll write later today about the children of Treasure Island in San Francisco. How their hunger was calmed by picking and nibbling purple green beans. How they taught me, within minutes of meeting them, what friendship, laughter, and education really mean.

So today, I'm letting beauty carry me through.

No comments: