Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Picnic on The Highline

Yesterday for lunch I met my girlfriends Becca and Natalie. Both work next door to me and are the perfect example of silly, giddy girls.

I've known Becca for almost 3 years now (wow, have I really been living in Manhattan for 3 years?) and Nat sits at the desk across from her. They are both in HR for some hip, cool ad firm and they completely look the part (being all put together and... well, cool).

The first time we all hung out as a little group was happy hour back in the beginning of summer. We went down to Bar on Hudson and Jane in the pouring rain.

I'll never forget waiting an hour for a table at Benny's Burritos (one of our favorite Mexican restaurants in the area). In that hour we laughed over anecdotes of our teen and college years while consuming several pints of awesome micro brews. It was just plain ol' "girly" fun.

So we all decided yesterday that it has been too long and that we should meet for lunch. The girls brought sandwiches and I picked up some cookies and sparkling water from the market. Again, we sat and laughed and joked and gossipped.

It was the perfect hour away from reality... like a little vacation in the middle of the day.

No comments: