Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A weekend in Brooklyn




Friday, 4/30/2010, was mental health day. After purchasing an awesome new bike helmet and bike lock, the mister and I rode the streets of downtown Brooklyn. The Gardens, the Slope, the Heights... nothing went uncovered.

We stopped by an awesome old school joint on 5th Ave for the classic burger, fries and Brooklyn Seasonal. Delicious. I'm not much of a meat eater but sometimes a lady craves a cheesy, greasy piece of beef... needless to say, paired with spicy curly fries, I was a happy camper.

The rest of the weekend was fairly uneventful food wise... BUT, last night was another superb oyster evening courtesy W & T Seafood. Matthew served up 6 samples of those zinc packed slippery suckers and Billy, Cornelius's bartender, poured me a glass of Chardonnay from LI. Yummmmmm. Fanny Bay, Kummamoto, and Beavertail remained my top favs!

No comments: