Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm a shucking fanatic!


I have had two unbelievable nights at Astor Center. Tuesday night with Maria Jose de Heredia and last night with W & T Seafood. You know me, I could go on for ages about the poetics of de Heredia's wines, the 1985 Tondonia was out of this world, but today, I need to rant about my new love for oysters.

At first I was intimidated by them... but not after this class! Nellie and Matthew gave the class a thorough background of these mollusks talking us through east to west and back again. The usual Kumamoto and Fanny Bay were top of the listers but the BEAVERTAIL was unreal!!! So big, briny, crisp, and creamy all at the same time. Yummmmmmmmmmm!

I've also discovered my hidden talent of (and love for) shucking! My new favorite stress reliever.

No comments: