Thursday, June 25, 2009

Contemplating over toast and coffee

It's been an exciting week in food for me...

Saturday I stocked up on bulk organic ingredients from a great natural food store in Lambertville, Bear Natural Foods. They package their own quinoa, beans, flax seed, etc, etc, so I decided to give it all a try.

After indulging on grilled portobella caps and delicious salads at my nephews 2cd birthday, I headed to The Stockton Inn for a great martini with my cousins! They had the cabana bar open in the back garden which was picturesque with the rolling rainstorms. Beautiful.

Sunday, I made my normal Sunday-Morning-Breakfast and then began soaking a cup of green lentils and black eyed peas for my curried quinoa. The cabbage leaves were ready for harvest so I decided that for dinner stuffed cabbage with my quinoa creation would be delicious... and it was. Perfectly sided with our garden greens salad and rhubarb-strawberry-apple chutney!

Monday I boiled the last of our homemade butternut squash raviolis and topped with cherry tomatoes, garlic, herbs, and olive oil. Mmmmmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking of that combination of seasonal flavors!

Tuesday night I attended the Astor Center for the Art/Farm class. By far, my favorite event to date (aside from tasting wine with David). Lisa Hamilton, Matthew Moore and Dan Barber have moved to the top of my inspirational list! More to come on this event later...

And then last night, Rebecca and I went to a screening of "Enlighten Up" at the Ruben Museum. An awesome documentary about the search for the "meaning" of yoga.

Let's put it this way, I have plenty material and I am so ready to start making my moves!!

No comments: