Friday, June 19, 2009

Give Us Bread & The Action Center of Mercy Corps

Please check out these two amazing websites.

First of all, the women of Give Us Bread presented bold performances that felt authentic, accurate and organic. GO SEE THE SHOW!!! The black box theatre was everything I remembered from my days on stage - gritty and gorgeous. The perfect setting for The Anthropologists' 1917 food riot production.

Second, PLEASE visit the Action Center to End World Hunger. Marny & Sheldon (sorry, ladies, if I have butchered the spelling of your name - it will be corrected) of Mercy Corps led a discussion after the show that could have gone on for hours. They are passionate, positive and I hope to someday collaborate with them.

What an inspiring, eye opening and all together active Thursday night! The only thing I would have changed was to have more time, I did not want the discussion to end!

I have a ton to say about this play & the Action Center, but because I have to get my work done before I can blog, you'll have to check back later tonight!

No comments: