Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A few thoughts...


My schedule has been severely thrown off these past few weeks because of late nights at work, social gatherings, and the trying to catch up on sleep. Here are a few simple practices that I am trying to work into a daily "routine":

- When eating use a real plate, real napkin, real utensils and turn everything off! I've been trying to figurein out why I've been gaining weight and I believe one of the reasons is because I've been eating on the run (no matter how healthy the food) and thus, not realizing when I'm full.

- Stretching, walking, or gardening in the morning for a half hour before I get ready for work. It forces me to get out of bed and has an incredible ripple effect thoughout the day - it helps me to feel centered.

- Taking pictures when I have even 5 minutes of down time. I've found that when I am looking through a lens (mainly photos of food or nature) I see a ton of beauty that I might otherwise overlook. Again, it is very centering.

- Fresh cut flowers from the garden. Joe's Baba grows these breathtaking roses and irisis and I refuse to resist the urge of snipping a few and putting them in a vase in the kitchen (of course I cut her a bouquet as well!).

So, these are what I'm working on. Any other suggestions?

No comments: