Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Breakfast Before Bed

I often talk of how comforting breakfast food is for dinner. Last night after having dinner plans cancelled with a dear friend, I rushed home to fill that pit in my stomach. Mulling over in my mind what I had in the fridge and pantry, I finally decided on an omelet and sweet potato home fries!

I threw some chopped onions and sweet pots into a skillet with olive oil, s/p, & thyme - they did their thing. Next, I steamed some kale with a squeeze of lemon, ran off the water/juice (saved it of course!), then sauteed it with a little olive oil & garlic. I then whipped up two eggs with water and poured them over my popping kale, shredded some asiago, added a "pinch" of red pepper and let it all cook together.

By the time my eggs were cooked, the home fries were crispy and ready! I poured a glass of homemade iced tea, made my plate, and cozied up on my couch to watch crap TV (literally, nothing was on so I laughed my way through Melrose Place).

And that was that!! Everything took about 45 minutes to cook, but it was completely worth it!

Oh yes, and the wine, you ask? She's doing well!! Every time I go down to the basement I remind my juice-of-life how much I love her!!!

No comments: