Friday, October 9, 2009

Overwhelming Unwinding!

A bit paradoxical, right? But, alas, it is true *sigh*.

My mind and heart have been taken over by mixed feelings, intense emotions, and soaring standards. While I'm not a huge fan of these transitional tides, I am welcoming them.

I've been swaying away from humility and walking the line of vanity. As my co-worker and dear friend, Mel, puts it "you BETTER step down!". I don't let many people talk to me that way, but she is different. A woman of remarkable strength and faith, she is my mother away from my mother.

So this is where I'm at now. I've been trying to get myself back onto a schedule, however, I need to try harder. I read in Runner's World magazine that consistency in your daily routine is the secret ingredient to achieving a better you. I believe it.

Tonight, I'll go home, go for a run, do some yoga, and brew soup!

For now, I leave you with this beautiful quote from my favorite book that I found in Portland, OR.

In the wilds every season has its wonders, but there is
always something unchanging: the immense, heavy sound of
heaven and earth, the sense of being surrounded on every
side, the darkness of the forest, the friendliness of
the trees. Everything is heavy and soft, no thought is
impossible there.
- Knut Hamsun, Growth of the Soil

No comments: