Monday, October 26, 2009

Moving On

We all need time. It is time who calls out the difference between our decisions. The countless or counted moments it takes for us to say yes or no, maybe or maybe not.

The time I'm talking about is the distance between who we are now and who we will be in the future. The future, meaning, any time after a realization. Without getting too personal, just know that I'm starting to feel that realization and it's creeping up on me much faster than I thought it would. Basically, I'm finally honing in on who I want to be and who I currently am.

I've set aside cooking for a few weeks and have been depressed. I've pushed aside charity work and have felt empty. I'll catch only headlines in the news and without reading on, feel disconnected. So, I don't want to be this person.

I have to get back involved and tonight I'm finally watching PBS, cleaning my house, and roasting a soup (yes, roasting). It sounds silly, but, alas, it's true. It has to be normal to get out of touch with your intellect and drift into vanity... but you have to come back to the true you.

So now? A sweet potato, squash, some onion, two apples, garlic, curry and carrots are sitting in a water bath in my oven at 400 degrees. I have no idea what I'm doing but I know, however it turns out, it's going in the right direction (and perhaps I may even be on to something).

Happy timing....

No comments: