Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Healthy, Easy Food


Nothing makes me feel better than a fresh, colorful, variety of vegetables for dinner!

Last night my new friend, Tabatha, and I went to the New York Academy of Sciences Girl's Night Out Series to listen to Marion Nestle. I have tons of interesting notes to share with you tomorrow, but for now let's talk food.

We were chatting about diet fads and eating healthy on the cheap. Tabatha said if she could share any advice to dieters it would be to have as many different types of veggies, fruits, and grains on their plate as possible at each meal. Tonight, I followed her wisdom: baked sweet potato, steamed kale, red grain french rice, and black beans. Remember, save the water you steam your kale in!!! It makes for a delicious after dinner drink or snack!

The dinner gave me enough food for the next few days and has such a range of flavors, that I can't get bored with it. If it weren't freezing out and I didn't have a cold, I would be going for a nice evening walk right now. Seriously, all of those vitamins are really working together and giving me some healthy lovins!

Love your food and it will love you right back!

No comments: