Monday, January 26, 2009

Eat your roots!

Root vegetables are in abundance right now and it is time to get creative!

Tonight, I'm going to take my treasure bag of parsnips, turnips, carrots, beets and potatoes and make a roasted soup with cannelloni beans! I can barely contain myself as I imagine the aroma that will fill my kitchen - sweet, rounded, earthy, colorful, and full.

They'll be graciously covered with olive oil, s/p, parsley, lemon and then roasted until they cut like butter. Next, they'll be tossed into the blender with some chicken stock to give me a smooth, soupy consistency. Finally, I'll place it on simmer and pour in my cannelloni beans. A feast for all senses and definitely something to curl up with on a cold winters evening.

Happy rooting!

1 comment:

EverywhereOnMyList said...

Yum, can I come over for dinner?