Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco De Mayo!

I'm sure everyone is writing about this today and yadda, yadda, yadda, BUT, my post is a little different.

This morning, while taking my boxer, Jacob, for a walk around the neighborhood, I realized how beautiful the spring really is. Amidst the rain for the past several days, I have been enjoying nothing more than throwing on my old sneakers and trekking the wet streets with my muddy dog. Everything is green with hues of purple, red, white, and yellow... unbelievably amazing.

Another thing I think about this time of year are vegetables... yup, delicious, crisp, fresh veggies! During our walks I contemplate what to eat when I get home and it usually includes greens, beans, and usually a sweet potato. However, I've been noticing ramps and fiddle head ferns popping up in the produce exchange and think I'll have to try these. Anyone know any good recipes?

So there you have it, my cinco de mayo. Today I'm having lunch with Ryan and think we'll have to go to Benny's for a veggie burrito!

Cheers!

No comments: