Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Life's simple luxuries

I believe that luxury is a state of mind.

For example, I've decided to start using olive oil soap. I make myself wake up early and run/walk. Yoga (my own version of it) has become part of my daily routine. I enjoy breakfast (fruit, bread, cheese and coffee) and demand myself to take my lunch break (1 hour). When I get home from work I go for another run/walk and make dinner with a new, in season ingredient (most of the time with a glass of wine). I sit down at my kitchen table, use a cloth napkin and silverware and listen to the radio.

While most people think this can be pretentious, I beg to differ. Days in TV land (any job, for that matter) can be filled with unnecessary stress. These little "luxuries" are cheap, if not free, and offer peace amongst chaos.

No comments: