Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Culinary Adventures

Lately my days have been filled with food (literally).  I can't tell if it is a hormonal shift, the change in season, or me just losing control, but every time I turn around I finding myself stuffing my mouth with food.  To give myself some credit, I have been making myself go on adventures.

Tuesday evening was the Meatball Contest and Food/Wine event for Dish Du Jour Magazine.  From the moment you entered the room it was a Queens and sister borough gastro-viganza!  

Wednesday, I took a much needed night of rest.

Thursday, I walked from my house all the way around Flushing's buzzing Main Street and tried a few of vegetarian dumplings from the Happy Buddha Vegetarian Restaurant.  Note: Authentic, but go with a friend who speaks the language.

Friday, a dear friend and previous boss took me around the Indian section of Jackson Heights.  Talk about a cultural shift!  I was just getting used to the produce and spices of the Asian markets around my home when POOF!  I had no idea what half of the fruits and veggies were, but they looked fresh and delicious.  

I enjoyed Jackson Heights so much I brought Joe back the next day and we bought chorizo from the Argentine Carnicaria, Don Franscisco's.  A - M - A - Z - I - N - G.  

Saturday evening we had dinner with our best friends, Justin and Lisa... but more to come on that evening later today.  

So, what does this week have in store for me?  Recovery from last week and tons of my own cooking!

No comments: