Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend in review...

Friday evening was a great time at the Astor Center. I learned a lot about Balvenie Scotch and really enjoyed the Sherry Cask Scotch and Islas Scotch.

Saturday I made homemade crab cakes for my mother and enjoyed good bread, cheese, and wine out on the patio with my parents! In the evening we saw The World According to Monsanto and raised some strong points during our panel discussion after the film. **Thanks to everyone who came out and made the evening possible (Scully - you are awesome!). I'll write a longer post on this hopefully during lunch today.

Sunday, Joe and I enjoyed a lazy morning with a great brunch at Donovans (thank God for Bloody Marys) and then an espresso at Martha's Country Bakery (wow!!! what a find!). After my nap and a movie, we made homemade mac and cheese! First time ever and I think we need more cheese, but it was delicious.

All in all, a great weekend.

On the plate for this week:
- Dish Du Jour tasting event tomorrow eve
- I'm sure I'll be experimenting with an ingredient at least one night this week
- Friday night adventure in Jackson Heights for Indian Food!!

Until next time, keep munching!!!!

No comments: