Monday, May 11, 2009

Week in review and what is to come

I have been quite a busy bee so here is last weeks notable notes:

1. Cooked with Ramps for the first time - a little sweeter and softer than leeks. I particularly enjoy the leaves lightly sauteed.
2. Had dinner with some friends. The food was ok, but the company was incredible!
3. Friday night I watched episodes of Spain On the Road Again (one of my FAVORITE shows) while having a glass of wine from Tomasello Winery in Jersey.
4. Mothers Day breakfast and dinner with Joe. I woke up early Sunday morning and whipped up a fresh fruit salad, bread spread, and Sunday potatoes for breakfast. In return, he took me to My Kitchen in Forrest Hills for dinner and because I am a God-Mother I'll be receiving a cooking class with the head chef. SO EXCITED!!

What's to come this week...
3/13 - Wine class at Astor
3/15 - Banvenie class at Astor
3/16 - Monsanto Forum at Acme in Lambertville
3/19 - Dish Du Jour food/wine fest and meatball contest!

Phew! That's all I have for right now... though I'm cooking up more exciting food stories!

No comments: