Thursday, January 7, 2010

2 Great Food Books


Being both a self proclaimed foodie and writer, I happen to adore books about food (surprised, right?!). Well, two of the coolest gifts I have ever received from two extremely generous and cool gents are food books.

Last summer, upon my return from France, I had a hefty package from my friend Panini Pete called The Encyclopedia of Cajun & Creole Cuisine. This book is full of all these Louisiana. Recipes, stories, photos, history, ideas... you name it, it's in there.

Then on Tuesday, came another weighted Fed Ex! This time from my friend Chef Kyle at the Food Group. He sent Thomas Keller's new ad hoc at home. WHAT!?

Two extrememly generous gifts that I appreciate and love! Food stories are honest documentations of what a society felt and believed at that time of recording. Trust me, these will be passed down to my kids and I will insist that they are passed down to theirs. Super special... now, I have to start making some of these recipes!

No comments: