Friday, January 29, 2010

Where's the incentive?

You may (or may not) remember a post I did in the beginning of the month on the fabulous coffee shop, The Pulp & The Bean. P & B quickly became a morning main stay for me because they were one of the few coffee shops who honored guests with their own mugs! Seventy five cents would get your reusable cup filled to the brim with your choice of milk and a smile from the friendly staff.

Yesterday, however, my heart broke before me.

It seemed to be a normal morning. I was greeted as normal and handed over my cup with a cheerful, "the usual please!". As I moved to the register with Pablo, I gave him a dollar expecting a quarter back, INSTEAD he said "it's a $1.50."

"No," I replied slightly confused, "when I bring my cup in it's only $.75."

"Oh, well we changed it. Now it is $1.50 no matter what size."

WHAT?! I took my coffee, gave him the extra change, and gave my "have a great day". What I should have said was "have a great life!".

I think it is very sad and wrong that they ended such a great incentive... and lost such a devoted customer.

No comments: