Friday, January 22, 2010

Go ahead, call me a show-off...


I will admit that when I know I do something well, I like to show off... and why not, right? Not for nothing, but I think this meal would have made Diana of De'Anna's proud (I was her assistant chef for a short while and learned TONS from her).

Last nights menu for date night was all freshly prepared with beautiful ingredients:

Arugula salad with lightly sauteed onions, leeks & portobella mushrooms and lemon juice
Homemade Bolognese with spicy pork sausage over capellini and topped with shaved pecorino toscano
Homemade garlic bread with thyme and french olive oil
Carmeniere wine - a hardy, earthy, pepper-y and sightly tanic wine that stands right up to the heat from the sauce (I even used a good 8 ozs in the sauce)

(Unfortunately the picture of the meal was too dark, BUT, you should be able to sink your teeth into the salads!)

No comments: