Monday, January 10, 2011

A Single Gals NYC Weekend

Friday - My first college basketball game since I was in college to support my friend's friend, who is the coach of the Hunter Girls' team. Then we moved onto karaoke where I sang "Pulling Mussels (From A Shell)" which is my favorite Squeeze song... no one knew it. Ha! But it was a blast, none the less.

Saturday - Lots of tea and lots of cleaning. I met Jess at Chelsea Market to buy the most delicious ingredients we could get our hands for our impromptu dinner party that evening. Here is what the menu ended up being (mind you, ALL was prepared with much love by myself, Jess, Ryan, Christian & Troy):

Oysters - Hama Hama, Baron Point, Beau Soliel, Malpeque, Otter Creek
Manilla Clam Sauce (Jess's uncles recipe)
Marinara with Assorted Sauteed Mushrooms (vegan)
Homemade Linguine (vegan)
Cashew Ricotta (vegan)
Simple Green Salad with lemon/agave vinaigrette
Garlic Bread (the way I used to make it in the restaurant)

I think that was it. We had some really fabulous wines and then completed the night with a screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. This dinner will go down as one of the best... honestly.

BUT then I came home to a flood in my kitchen. Realized the water was pouring out of my dishwasher (which wasn't on) and started sopping up all of my towels.

Sunday - Woke up to *drip* *drip*.... and another flood in my kitchen. Bailed out the dishwasher again, notified my landlords and headed to church. When I came home around noon I had every intention of going food shopping, but instead spent the next 3 hours with the plumber who ripped apart my kitchen. He left and I spent the next hour cleaning up the empty hole which used to hold a piece of equipment that made cleaning easier on me.... irony?

Then football. Disappointment. Damn you, Eagles.

Regardless of Super Bowl dreams being shattered, I was invited up for dinner with Susan and kids. It was delightful, delicious, and made me feel like I was back to being part of a family. Roasted pork, carrots, cabbage, rice pilaf, a green salad, and a glass of Sauv Blanc. Not to mention we discussed my karaoke choice from Friday and not only did Susan know (and love) that song... the kids did too!

Have a great week!!

No comments: