Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome 2011

Today is January 3rd. I have been off with family and friends since December 23rd and I'm not quite sure I remember what my job is, where I have to go, how to get there, etc. Just kidding. I'll fall back into the groove of things by the time I'm out the door.

Here's my thought on the new year: while I want to pick up where I left off with some habits there are plenty of them I would like to lay to rest with 2010. And they are as such...

Habits I would like to keep:
1. Volunteering at Astor Center and continuing my culinary education
2. Experimenting more in the kitchen. I have a pasta maker and an oyster shucker sitting in a cabinet... why are they not being used?
3. Read daily and watch more movies
4. Yoga, running, and drinking tea
5. Forgive and love myself for being human
6. Host more dinner parties in my little, but cozy home
7. Visit more museums and galleries in this great city I'm in

Things I lay to rest with 2010:
1. Trying to be someone I'm not
2. Poor gardening technique
3. Experiments gone wrong in the kitchen
4. Worry, regret, resentment and any leftover anger... no room for this in 2011.

There are more resolutions, revelations, and regrets but this is not the time to boast on them. Instead, I leave my post here to prepare for the day. I did my 3 sun salutations and am drinking my tea. My apartment is silent except for the bustling family upstairs who are getting ready for their return to school. We're all in the same boat and we all have to return to reality today. While I'm sure concentrating will come and go today, I wish us all luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your site today and wanted to tell you so! I appreciate too how well you convey your thoughts with words.

My best,

TMC said...

Happy New year!