Saturday, January 22, 2011

Yee Haw Inspiration!!

I have been meaning to write for about a week now, but just haven't found the time and every time I sit down my mind goes... blank. Well, here I am in Franklin, TN with one of my best friends Ginny Priz.

My show has ended and a new one will begin a few weeks. After the holidays I hit a huge depression where it was hard to get out of bed, difficult to cook a healthy meal, impossible to concentrate, and forget about exercise. Yes, that was a post-holiday blues and I felt like victim #1.

Well, my friends, that time is over (as of last week). I woke up last Friday and counted every one of my blessings as I showered away the negative energy. I was sitting in the control room that day on 24 Hour Restaurant Battle where I have been graciously given the opportunity to act as Associate Story Producer. May not seem like much to those who have already accomplished this goal, but to me, this is the big times (I'm such a nerd).

Saturday, I had my Franklin Ave girlfriends over for a brunch of croissant french toast, breakfast potatoes, bacon and assorted fruit. YUM! While at Lily and Fig bakery, Lily, the owner/baker, asked me to come back Monday to talk about a project with her. I had mentioned my passion for cooking and she said she was looking for a sous chef... WHAT COULD IT BE?!

Then, Sunday (it just keeps getting better), I was Chef Carl Raymond's sous chef at the Astor Center for his Sauces Class! We started prep at 8:30am and were running around straight until 4:15pm. To say the least it was absolutely amazing and his encouraging words have me contemplating a basic culinary degree again. Me? A cooking teacher? Could that be in my future? Who knows!!!!

Sunday led way to Monday where I sat with Lily for about an hour planning out a Sunday Afternoon Tea for our neighborhood! I've sketched recipes for several soups, salads & sandwiches and cannot wait for February 13th. The best thing is that I can still go to church in the morning and then cook in the afternoon.

These are blessings. The people involved in these situations yanked me out of my funk and I swear to you, words cannot express my gratitude.

And now, here I am, with my dear, dear friend, Ginny, at her beautiful new home in Tennessee. She is blessed! Fantastic roommates, wonderful new friends, and INCREDIBLE FOOD all around her. Awesome!

So, today? Today we go wine tasting. YEE HAW!!

No comments: