Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Brian Lehrer Show at Hofstra University

This morning on WNYC, The Brian Lehrer Show hosted from Hofstra University for the the final Presidential Debate. Mr. Lehrer spoke with students and professors from the school on the topics of politics and the financial crisis in regards to the future of higher education.

If you have about a 1/2 hour or can download onto your I-Pod, I would strongly suggest doing so.

The most standout point for me was with students altering what they really want to do to be in industries where they will make money out of school. For example - in the medical field they said that there was an increase in students concentrating in dermatology over other concentrations.

This to me is not just scary, but hits very close to home as I am in search for the right Graduate Program to apply for.

No comments: