Wednesday, October 15, 2008

An Interesting Observation

On the 1 train this morning heading into work I over heard the conversation between two young boys - middle school/high school age - on their way to school. The dialogue was as such...

Boy 1: "I could not get away from video game this morning. I've almost completed this level but can't get past [none of this made sense to me as I am not a gamer]..."
Boy 2: "You played this morning? How do you have time to play before leaving for school? There's only a little bit of time"
Boy 1: "I get up every day at 6am to play! Don't you? I have, like, two hours every morning!"

They were very sweet kids, respectful of people around them. But I was still amazed and curious as to which game he was so passionate about playing. When this game is complete, which will be next? What has he played in the past?

I have so many questions I would have loved to ask him. Thoughts?

1 comment:

privo said...

even though I am an agroforestry volunteer you have struck something even closer to my heart...VIDEOGAMES. Take in the correct LARGE doses, they can be great as long as you get work done. I too got up at 6 AM in high school to pack in a few hours of quality gaming time which serves as much better alternative to the wake and bake.

There are always new games to play, the trick is skimming the games like you would a book before settling down on one.

You know, in case you want to become a videogame addict. You should try it sometime...and I am sure your boy would love it (as long as you let him win every so often).

Privo