Friday, November 13, 2009

Homemade Chicken Soup & Apple/Persimmon Sauce

I'm getting my two bottom wisdom teeth extracted today - YIKES! So, this morning, I ran to the store (well, drove because it was wet and cold) and picked up chicken thighs from Marino's Italian Market and a few other necessities.

After sauteing some onions, carrots, celery, ginger and garlic in a pot, I dumped in the chicken followed by the last of my gardens' herbs. The pot was then filled with water and set to boil with the lid on.

Then, I chopped the last of my five apples and two overly ride persimmons. Added them to a bit of water, whiskey, and cinnamon and brought to a boil.

Now, I think I am ready for a rainy (and slightly painful) weekend.

Oh yes, and before I forget, DON'T leave out the freshly squeezed lemon in the chicken soup. It takes any broth from great to AMAZING!!!

No comments: