Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mushroom Risotto and Chardonnay

I've been looking at apartments. Thinking about apartments. Imagining myself in a living quarters other than this beautiful kitchen that Joe and I designed. We picked out these tiles. Peeled the walls of horrid paper and chose the color for their new skin. This is our home... and now, the kitchen I've had some of my greatest times in, is going to belong to someone else.

But I think I've found a new home. Dear God, I hope I've found my new home.

Tonight I cooked mushroom risotto for works' potluck lunch tomorrow. I listened to jazz... I drank chardonnay... and now, as I'm getting ready to call it a night, the song is "It's Harvest Time". Because it is. It is harvest time. As I drove from the train to home I became so excited to stir ingredients and encourage them into a beautiful dish (I hope it holds until tomorrow!!!).

Times, well, they are a changing, but my cooking utensils and love for food are not. They remain and they will grow strong enough for me to harvest.

I'll share the recipe AFTER the Food Network face off!

No comments: