Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 3: Say Yes, Say Yes, Say Yes!!!



Not everyone has to like you and you don't have to like everyone.

I found myself at City Winery last night not for wine making, but for wine drinking and an awesome blue grass show. My girlfriend, Ryan, and I sat feet away from Langhorne Slim and sampled several glasses of wine (if there is any such thing as one-too-many we may have been at that limit).

As I walked in I couldn't help but wonder why I hadn't been back to my internship? Had I said something wrong? Did I not talk enough? Are they not busy enough for me? Well, instead of beating myself up about this I listened to the music. Langhorne sang song after song to me, it felt. Lyrics like "let it flow, let it flow on the outskirts of town"; stories about running away; messages that resonated with everything will be ok. At times I felt as if I were the only one in the bar listening and clapping my hands and sipping my wine.

As it turns out, such is life! We make attempts and they may not always turn out to be what we were looking for... so then we move on and find something else that does turn out to be what we are looking for.

Thanks, Langhorne!

No comments: