Friday, March 19, 2010

The day doesn't need help from me


This week has been one culinary adventure after the next and unfortunately work has been too busy to allow me time to write. Here is a brief rundown...

Monday - Big River: A King Corn Companion premiered in Manhattan with healthy food from the Cleaver Co and a wine/beer selection from New Yorkers. The film was engaging and the filmmakers left me with hope of what documentaries can and should be. Kudos... I have tons of notes and several photos that I'll be able to share soon.

Wednesday - Franklin Park, my local watering hole, had a killer St Patty's Day with $4 drafts, a grill, and warm weather! The grill featured newbies, Dutch Boy Burgers, and had $5 burgers, $12 lobster rolls, and $8 grilled little neck clams. The food was incredible and Angela (I think that's her name) was really chill.

Thursday - Cook Shop with Marcy where we sipped on a killer proseco cocktail and sucked down oysters, Hama Hama, Shibumi and Mt Simon.

Tonight... Mike and I will be attending the opening of My Father's Microcosm, Tel Aviv at the Williams Club. Gastronomica's Darra Goldstein will be guiding a tasting from Shuk Ha'Carmel, Israel's oldest market. I am beyond excited to meet her.

So that is about it. The warm weather was welcomed with open arms and embraced with food, art, and grilling. Spring is here and everything will be ok.

No comments: