Wednesday, March 24, 2010

An evening can have a mind of it's own

I find it better not to plan too intensely anymore. This evening I had every good intention of going to that event... that did not happen. Instead a bike ride and a surprising spring dinner occurred.

Let me first start by admitting that I am terrible at riding a bike.... seriously. Prospect Park kicked my ass tonight. I can run this park with ease (give or take), but riding?! Really? I've got to get my butt in SHAPE!

Regardless, I came home and prepared a cheese board with a leyden with cumin seeds and a manchego. Accompanying the random duo were almonds and dried cranberries... YUM! In the mean time, I poured myself a glass of red table wine and cooked up some asparagus, garlic, thyme, lemon, kalmata olive, and fresh chopped tomato sauce served over angel hair pasta.

The evening was topped off with Lidia's Italy, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie, Jerome Robbins Dance.... and now, alas, reality: putting away my laundry!

Sweet dreams, whom ever reads this!

No comments: