Monday, March 22, 2010

A small garden will grow in Brooklyn



This weekend was undeniably amazing. The kayaks were sold to a dear friend, the keys of my last apartment left behind with love and grace. My new chaise lounge has been put together and my apartment is growing more and more into a home. Michael surprised me with a pot of yellow splash tulips and we celebrated the arrival of spring (at 1:42pm on Saturday) with a bike ride and a quaint picnic in Prospect Park.

Yesterday, after a relaxing morning of coffee, the Sunday Morning Show on CBS, and a five mile run, Mr Claeys returned to my kitchen for some grilled cheese and avocado sandwiches and a hearty salad. I even talked him into a little planting of seeds before we headed forth to the streets of Park Slope.

In the style of my grandmother, Evelyn Terrani, I retrieved a 36 count egg carton from Tom's Restaurant and filled each compartment with peat moss and seeds: Chamomile, Sage, Oregano, Thyme, and Cilantro. In the little plastic pots we placed basil, flat leaf parsley, plum tomatoes, and string beans. I tried my best to choose the shade varieties as I don't get a ton of sun... so let's hope and pray for a fruitful spread, shall we!

VIVA SPRING!!!!

No comments: