Monday, March 15, 2010

Saucy Solutions


Friday evening I went to a Saucy Solutions tasting with my boss and colleague. We battled the rain and wind and found our way to a midtown building. Upon entering we were greeted by several industry peeps with whom we work with (mainly all camera operators, actually).

The sauces are the creation of Nova who is the Production Manager for the Wendy Williams Show. This to me is the most impressive. She is a sweet, cheery, adorable, and petite woman who allows her past time to become her hobby... and now a second career.

We sampled 10 sauces, including my two favorite: Hot Heresy and Sofrito Style. The Hot Heresy, funnily enough, is named after one of her favorite songs from her favorite band, Heresy by Panterra. I NEVER would have guessed that was her top band. True, this little tid bit may have nothing to do with sauce, but I can vouch that the zest, heat, spice, uniqueness and passion put into each bottle is as surprising and delicious as Nova herself.

No comments: