Saturday, September 4, 2010

15.6 Miles

At 5:45 this morning Danielle's alarm went off. The three of us (myself and the two Danielle's) rolled out of bed, filled our water bottles, laced those running shoes, had a few laughs, and headed out onto the Riverside Drive.

There is something to be said for Manhattan in the early morning. It is a sight you really have to experience for yourself. The way the sky dances with the rough Hudson current; the breeze from close by bistros waft coffee and fresh baked goods through the air; the sound of our sneakers tapping the pavement. Peace.

When we finished, I attacked the McIntosh apple who sat on the counter awaiting my return. I swear that apple tasted sweeter than I ever remember an apple being. The juice rolled from my mouth down my chin and I was entranced. I must have looked like a savage to the other girls (but they love me so it doesn't matter).

Tonight for dinner? A bottle of wine, my man, some homemade guacamole, chips, and watermelon. It really is all about the simple things in life.

No comments: