Friday, September 17, 2010

Listening

A lot of being a good cook is listening to your food. A lot of being a good runner is listening to your body. A lot of being a good person, in my opinion, is listening to your heart.

My problem is that I'll do really well with running, really well with eating, really well with not spending money.... and then I trick myself into thinking I deserve rewards. Right now, my body is sore, my fridge full of un-cooked food, and my debit card is hiding from me.

Then again, I am human. For the record, all I bought for myself were a pair of yoga pants, a new mat, lunch, and a week of yoga.

So what do I do? Well, I give myself a good talking to and I listen very carefully. Then, I pack some food for the day, make tea, do some yoga, and go to work early.

No comments: