Thursday, September 2, 2010

QUICK!

In order to get the 9/02/10 posting that I've promised, this is going to be short and sweet.

Tonight marks one of the first evenings where my friends and I noticed my future absence in late evening wine affairs. Once my address reads Blah Blah Road, Montclair, New Jersey, I will no longer be able to order another glass, but only ask for my portion of the bill. I will not be staring at my phone for text messages inviting me to my next destination, but looking at a train schedule.

And I'm looking forward to this? Oh yes, I am.

In my mind I don't envision the storybook lifestyle, but a new beginning. In fact, this new life is so vague the only thing I imagine are whatever vegetables are roasting in the oven and Mike. I can taste the parsnip and squash soup... and I see his face sitting across the table from me.

This is exciting stuff.

Today, Ryan and I saw I Am Love. Tonight, we drank delicious wines from Italy and nibbled on bruschettas, crispy artichoke with mint pesto, and zucchini flowers. A truly fun New York City afternoon and evening... but these are coming to a close.

Oh, New York City... you and your dining experiences!

No comments: