Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cream of Potato Soup...


...and an hour conversation with my best friend took over my evening.

The abrupt ring of my phone cut through my spud scrubbing concentration like a hot knife through butter. The other ingredients spread across the counter revealed an orange light and I scrambled to answer.

"Hello", I said in a somewhat startled, yet very zen voice.

"Hey!", she said with excitement and almost relief.

We haven't talked in what felt like years, though in reality it had only been a few weeks. Her life has changed this past year - she graduated with a masters, a new teaching job, a wedding to plan. All big changes. My life has changed - I moved, I'm moving again, I quit my old job and started a new one. All big changes.

The potatoes were boiling as I minced garlic, prepped the leek, herbs, corn, apple, and cream. Looking back I probably would have caramelized half of an onion and then added to that the garlic, leek and herbs. Let those come together and then added the potatoes, apple, corn and cream... but like other things in life should've, would've, could've. Oh well. I'm happy with the results and will just know for next time!

So what do the two have to do with each other? Nothing really. Except they were both really good.





And yes, pictures of the soup are to come!! Cheers!

No comments: